Monday, January 13, 2014

How To Make Body Cream From Herbs?


Body cream are made out of different herbs that are infused herbal oils that has solidifying agents, that are incorporated into them over very low heat, and then they whipped air into them until it comes out creamy. I am always patient in getting them transfer from a liquid state  into a cream. This process has not to be rush, because the results  maybe a disappointment.

The key to having success in making body cream is to have a real good electric mixer, because this will help make the body cream smooth. Another reason, I need to be relax on my time because the mixture has to rest in the freezer during the whipping process, to help it cool so it will be more transition to  a creamy state. I have found that, I need to prepare my body creams in the cool of the morning or on a fall or winter day when air temperatures are not so hot.

When my cream looks like  frosting, this is when I add  some pure essential oils to the blend, to give the cream its  own healthful benefits and it also gives the cream a wonderful fragrance. To me, lavender is one of the best essential oil choice, because it is good for the skin, relieves sunburn, and soothe the pain of skin rashes.

After I make my body creams, I know that they only  last for only one to two months, so I always label them with an expiration date on each one. It is better to keep your body cream in your refrigerator, because it extends their life.

Here are some luscious body creams and what can they help anybody with, such as , chamomile which is good for baby's diaper rash, lavender is used for healing to sunburn and chapped skin, calendula soothes a pregnant mom's tummy stretch marks and lemon verbena is  real good on a person's hands that is a gardeners like I am.

I always use a quart-size saucepan and I only  use this for preparing ointments and salves. I do this because it is very hard to get all of the wax out  of the pan, and I do not want it in our dinner.

Cocoa butter and beeswax make really good and effective solidifying agents to make creams, ointments, salves, and lip balms.

 ointment at one time, because it can become too firm,, and then I do not add a lot of beeswax or cocoa butter to my salve or  ointment at one time, because it can become too firm, and then  this could mean I might have to add more oil to fix the consistency. This is more efficient to proceed slowly and conservatively when the solidifying agents are being added.

For salves, I need to add approximately one ounce of beeswax or cocoa butter per cup of oil. There are no particular measurements for solidifying pigments, everybody needs to approach this took as an art, not a science. After you have done a few batches, then it will come easier to do.

These steps below is the directions on how anybody can make body cream.

1. Over a very low heat, I melt 1/2 cup cocoa butter and 1/2 cup of coconut oil into 1 cup of herbal infused oil in my saucepan.

2. I remove the blend from heat and I pour it into a Pyrex or a stainless steel bowl. Then I place the bowl in my freezer and allow the mixture to begin cooking.

3. Every several minutes, I will remove the mixture from the freezer and whip it with my electric mixer to high speed. After the mixture  is frothy, I will stop mixing and return it to the freezer. I repeat this step as often as needed, every few minutes, until the cream begins to thicken and the cream takes on a frosting like consistency.

4. When the mixture is creamy, gently fold in one teaspoon of pure essential oil  or to the amount to every body's preference.

5.  Next, I will spoon the cream into glass containers with all the ingredients listed that is in my body cream, I put the appropriate expiration date, and suggested usage guidelines. I will then set my creams in a cool or refrigerated place, because they will last longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment